My Solo Adventure

What are we waiting for...?
Today I went on a big adventure with the Lady Human.  It was a ladies’ day out, no boys allowed.  Apparently I am not allowed to go on the really long and relaxing runs with the boy huskies because I misbehave and then Kroi misbehaves too and then it is not relaxing.  I think the real reason is that we are too fast and strong for Lady Human – she should get fitter then it would be easier!  I could show her how to sprint up and down the garden….

I like running on my own as I get to explore and have fun.  When I run with the boys they just want to keep running and running and don’t want to stop and sniff.  The even ignore rabbits and birds sometimes, so boring!  My motto is “if it moves, chase it”, making sure that the human chases it with me too.  I sometimes make mistakes though as leaves and litter blowing in the wind aren’t really worthy of chasing, but when they move I can’t resist.  Then I have to pretend that I was just doing some sprint training as Kroi laughs at me for being silly.

Lady Human's view for most of today..
I asked Kez why he ignores furry creatures and interesting smells when he is running with Lady Human.  He said that he didn’t use to ignore them.  When he was a baby and before he did lots of running he said he used to chase things and stop and sniff every tree and all the holes where the rabbits hide.  He said that he did so much of it as he was growing up that now he only needs to do it every so often.  He said that when he is running with Lady Human he has a job to do and that is to keep running and to remain focused and make sure that Lady Human does too. 

Kez also said that he used to pull and pull when he ran with her but she asked him to not pull and just lead the way.  He said that was really hard to do as he has a deep seated desire to always pull, but he has learned to do what Lady Human really wants him to do and now he only pulls when she specifically asks him to.  That sounds a bit silly to me as I love to pull and Lady Human likes it when I am happy so why would she want me to stop pulling….

I never got to do any exploring when I was a baby as I lived in a box and didn’t see the outside.  Then when I was a little older I had to look after my own babies and never got to do any exploring.  I never had fun like I do now.  I think the Lady Human understands because when we go out together and without the boy huskies she stops a lot and lets me have fun.  We run really quickly too, but then we stop while she gets her breath back and I can sniff and explore.  When we stop she points her phone at me, not sure if she wants me to call someone?  Perhaps I could call the boy huskies and tell them how much fun I am having….

Wonder what lives in this hole
Today we helped two naughty pointers find their humans.  They had run away chasing deer and the owners were really upset when they spoke to Lady Human.  A little while after seeing the upset humans we saw the naughty pointers in the distance.  We ran towards them to get their attention and then they saw us and started chasing us.  I got really scared as it was a pointer dog that hurt Kroi recently.  Lady Human told me to run as fast as I could back where we came from.  So I did and the naughty pointers came sprinting after us.  They got closer and closer and I ran faster and faster, what if they wanted to hurt me too…

Follow me!
Lady Human suddenly stopped and stood right in front of me as the naughty pointers came charging towards us.  Suddenly the upset humans appeared and the naughty pointers changed their mind and ran over to them instead.  The humans were so happy to have the naughty pointers back.  Lady Human told me how good I was and that I didn’t need to be scared as these pointer dogs were friendly ones.  I didn’t want to say hello to them though as I had other stuff to do….

I found this huge hole that smelled amazing and there were lots of little tasty rabbit currants beside the hole.  The hole was big enough for me to crawl into and so I tried to.  Lady Human started laughing and told me I would get stuck!  I think what she actually meant was that she was too fat to follow me down the hole….    

Mmmmm rabbit currants
We ran some more and I tried to chase some birds.  Lady Human is like an anchor when she is attached to me and she slows me down so the birds fly away chattering rude words back at me.

Trying to get close to Lady Human
It was so much fun and when we got back home I followed Lady Human everywhere looking for more fun.  Humans are really cool to be around now that they don’t scare me anymore.  Lady Human got really sad and her eyes started watering when I sat on her foot and tried to cuddle her leg.  She said something about me having to grow wings and flying nests.  That sounds silly as I am not a bird and I don’t think nests can fly.  Only birds and butterflies have wings. 

We maybe that’s not quite true as the boy husky that I sometimes see in my dreams also has amazing silver wings…..


Lara xx




No comments:

Post a Comment