Free the Lady Husky one...

I don't like being in jail
Lady Human put me in jail today.  She said that I needed to spend time on my own to consider my behaviour towards old huskies.  She said that I was very rude to Kroft and that I should think about what I had done and apologise to him.  

So I wrote him a letter.







Dear Krofti,

When I shouted at you today it was only because I thought you couldn’t hear me.  I know you don’t hear very well these days and so I wanted to help.  I didn’t mean to use a bad word, it just sort of came out and my “nasty face” as Lady Human called it, was just because I had an itchy nose.

I didn’t mean to push you out of the way when you tried to say hello to Lady Human, but you did just cut in front of me.  I know I came from the other side of the room, but I was heading that way too….

And I didn’t really steal your food I just thought that it was mine.  I know I have a pink bowl, but in the bright sunlight your beige one did look a little pink to me.

Sleeping on my bed...
When we walk together I don’t mean to be rude, but you are really slow and boring.  So I try to hurry you along even though Lady Human tells me off.  I know she sometimes gets impatient too as I hear her little mutterings under her breath when you sniff the same piece of grass one hundred times.

When I pulled the bed away from you as you were sleeping today I was only trying to let you know that it was my bed and that you would be more comfortable in your own bed.

The pizza crust last night was fair game in my opinion.  I know the Man Human gave it to you, but you placed it on the floor so I assumed you were too polite to refuse the gift from him.  Yes it was just under your nose and between your paws, but does that really matter...?

I wasn’t really trying to pounce on you the other day.  Maybe if you didn’t walk past my launch pad then I wouldn’t have mistaken you for a big mouse.  I know the sofa isn’t a proper launch pad, but when I am playing space invaders with the boy huskies I sort of pretend that it is, well until Lady Human stops me….

Kez telling me off
I want to be your friend, but don’t understand why you ignore me and why the other boy huskies sometimes will not let me talk to you, especially Kez.  He can be quite grumpy sometimes when he pushes me away from you or stops me jumping on top of you.

Can we be friends please?  Lady Human has promised that if I am nice to you then I will be allowed out of jail to play with the boy huskies and go running and stuff.

I promise not to steal anymore of your food or be rude to you.  I will try not to make silly faces at you or stop you getting attention from the Humans.  If I do will you be my friend and tell me how beautiful I am.  You could share your food with me – I can eat the bits you don’t like, I am not fussy…

So I guess what I am trying to say is that I am sorry for not being nice to you, but you started it…..

Lara xx

(Photos thanks to Ian J Berry & Sandra Bowers)




No comments:

Post a Comment