Little people & scary monsters

Me as a scary snake...

Sometimes Lady Human takes me running on my own, without the boy huskies.  I like when we do this as I get her all to myself.  She lets me do silly things like bounce up and down like a lamb and grab cabbage leaves in my mouth.  She laughs when I do these silly things and I like when she laughs.  I don’t like when she gets cross when Kroi and I race each playing racing car games.  She should just practise running faster and then she would be able to keep up with us….

The other day she took me running to a place where there were lots of little people.  The little people were all wearing blue jumpers.  The little boys wore trousers and the little girls wore skirts.  Lots of them wanted to speak to me and they were really nice and gentle when they touched me.

We ran down a path where an adult human was walking with her little person.  The little person started screaming and ran down the path away from her lady human.  She wasn’t on a lead and her lady human was too busy talking on her phone to call her little person back to her.  I wondered if the little person was running to the grassy area because she needed a number two.  When we got to the grassy area the little person was just standing there screaming and her eyes were watering.  She looked really scared and I got really scared too.  Perhaps there were monsters hiding in the grass that were going to hurt us….

Lady Human stopped running and crouched beside me.  I didn’t feel scared anymore, but the little person could still see the monsters and her eyes were still watering.  My Lady Human kept speaking to the little person and as she spoke to her I noticed that the little person was coming closer to us.

Lady Human kept cuddling me and I snuggled closer to her as I knew she would protect me if the monster suddenly attacked.  The little person’s adult human had decided to stop talking on her phone and she started speaking to Lady Human.  I think she said something about the little person being hurt by a bad dog.  I think she meant to say a dog with a bad human, but was a little confused.

I know that dogs should never hurt little people and it made me sad to think that this little person had been hurt by one of my kind.  I tried to edge towards the little person just as another little person suddenly appeared.  This little person shouted “husky” and reached over to touch me.  Lady Human let him cuddle me and I liked it lots.  When he left I turned around and the little person with the watering eyes was standing right beside me.  Her eyes were no longer watering and as Lady Human continued to speak to her she put her hand on my neck and gently touched my fur.  Then she started smiling and rubbed her hand all around my neck and head.  I liked it a lot.

Lady Human was smiling lots and I think she said something about “husky magic”.  Then the little person started smiling and said I “looked like a silver fox”.  She said it so happily that I smiled and bounced around after we left her and started running again.

I like little people.  They don’t scare me and seem to know when I am scared.  Some adult humans don’t understand me and they try to touch me when I don’t want them to.  Most little people wait until I relax and then they touch me.  I think some of the little people understand me in the same way as Lady Human does.

Lara

(photo joint effort of S. Bowers & Ian J. Berry...)

No comments:

Post a Comment