Three of my most favourite things

Look at me go.......
Three of my four most favourite things: running, food and gentlemen….

Wow, had the best day ever today!  I got to run with lady human; eat so much good food that my belly hurt and met a really nice man looking for a new running buddy…

Lady human got up really early and took the boy huskies running.  I was sad that I didn’t get to run but I didn’t let it worry me and had a little sleep in the kitchen with my fluffy cat while I waited for the boy huskies to return.

When they returned man human put me in the car while lady human cuddled the boy huskies.  I don’t think that the lady human likes leaving the boy huskies and the boy huskies don’t like it when she is not there.  The two baby boy huskies wait by the front door looking really sad and grumpy while Krofti sings away too himself in his bedroom…  But don’t tell the boy huskies that I called them babies as they think they are sooo grown up, yeah right….
I even have a matching bucket.....

We went for a drive in the vroom, vroom car and then we arrived at the place where the boy huskies like running really fast.  Once upon a time the boy huskies did something very special at this place, something that no one else will ever do.  I think they are very proud of what they did as they did it with the lady human and they are happiest when they do things together with her.

Everything was so exciting, I had to stare...
It was a little scary at first, being at this place where there are lots of humans and no boy huskies to help me.  Lady human was really cool though as she knows when I am scared and helps me feel better.  All the other humans suddenly ran away from us, and there were hundreds of them running so close together that they looked like a swarm of bees.  Lady human told me to stay for a bit and then we started running but we stayed on the grass and ran in between all the gorse bushes.

We overtook lots of the humans and then I got a little scared as there were so many people and I don’t know any of them.  I tried to hide behind a gorse bush, but I don’t think the lady human liked that as she squeaked when she ran through the gorse – I forgot to tell her to make herself small so she could fit through the lady husky sized hole between the bushes that I found. 
The cows were my favourite fascination...

Once the lady human stopped squeaking we started running again, straight into a herd of cows!  I wanted to say hello, but lady human told me to keep running.  Then a rude dog started chasing us, but I was too fast for it and it ran out of puff.  We got to splash in lots of puddles and I got to play at being a submarine.  I am really good at this game and it is so much fun!

I think the lady human found it hard to run today as she has been limping a lot recently and sometimes she stops running and walks.  I think this is why she does not run with all three of us together at the moment.  I think it hurts her too much when we play at being racing huskies.  I have been running with only Kez, while Kroi runs either alone or sometimes with Kez.  Kez is a goody two shoes and always behaves so I think he is allowed to run with everyone….

After we stopped running I got lots of cuddles and lots of treats from the lady human.  Then I met this really nice man who told me all about his dog and how he is looking for a new running buddy.  He really liked me and I liked him and would like to run with him and his little dog…..

I had to wait in the car when the man and lady human ate cake and talked to all the other humans.  Lady human kept on popping out to say hello.  I think she was worried that I would be naughty, but she need not have worried as I am a really good girl and knew she would not leave me alone for long.

On the way home we stopped at the most amazing place where everywhere smelled of meat.  Then the humans put loads of this delicious meat in the back of the car and let me choose a special piece to eat on the journey home.  I think I ate too much as my belly is really big now and I keep making little rude noises, but please don’t tell the boy huskies as I blame them, like the time they ate too many brussel sprouts…..

Lara
Back home with my most favourite things......
My harness, line and lady human's running belt were all very kindly given to us by Emily at K9Trailtime - for all your dog running needs :-)

 (photos kindly taken by Stuart March & Ian J Berry)

No comments:

Post a Comment