Dear Humans that think they know better than us Huskies...

Inspiring a generation... forever...
Dear Humans that think they know better than us Huskies,

Apparently I have retired from the world of parkrun. 

There was this discussion by the Humans and they decided that they know best…. They decided that I no longer was able to run parkruns with a smile upon my husky face…. 

What do they know… I will retire when I am ready to retire, until then I will show you all that you can indeed teach an old dog new tricks…
I may well be approaching my 12th birthday, but what does age matter when you have the sense of humour and approach to life that I do…?


In my element... with children :-)
Leading the way....
I have seen a lot in my life, many huskies have come and gone and a pony called Friday and a beautiful Spanish horse called Brego have also come and gone.  I have loved and learned from them all.  I learned how to do a Spanish Walk with Brego, I was better than him, but he was only a baby when I knew him and has probably gone onto greater things….  With Kade and Kai we used to run with Friday and with Brego and the Lady Human.  Kai, Kade and Friday no longer live with us, they watch us from above.  

The day I met the lady human....
Brego had to go and live with someone else, I miss him, but know that it was for the best.  Lady Human is still here, don’t think she will ever leave me… I first met her the very day that I arrived in this world…
Running with the Man Human - leading the way as ever..;-)

My father was a very special dog, his father (my grandfather) was one of the most special ever dogs to grace this earth.  He taught so many what was right and wrong in this world.  He protected the Lady Human for his lifetime and he shared with her the world of huskies.  He helped her understand how we think and how we react.  What we need to keep us happy and how we fit into a human world….

Us older dogs get special privileges... :-)
I try to follow my grandfather’s path, but sometimes I wander a little from it.  That matters not as I know that as he watches from above, he is proud of what I do, what Lady Human does and what his bloodline will continue to do…   Kroi is his great, great, great grandson and in a few short months he will continue this very special bloodline.   A prospect that that I longingly look forward to and yet fear with huge in trepidation… have you ever tried to teach a husky puppy manners?  I have, on five separate occasions…


So anyway, back to my supposed “retirement”…. Apparently this was decided because I no longer looked happy running with my human companions, based upon the fact that one cannot always smile when a camera is thrown in one’s face….
I have run with many, children and adults alike – although truth be known I prefer to run with little people as they are so much fun and like to cuddle me.  Cuddling is the best thing ever!!

Anyway…. humans out there here is a reality check for you….  I am a husky and I take my job and my life seriously.  If you want me to work for you, then ask and I will run in front of you forever.  Stop asking and I will run by your side.  Be grumpy or frustrated and I will run behind you, but I will never stop running as long as I can run….

I out ran the Lady Human only this week, she is capable of running far faster than she will admit, and for a short time I reminded her of that fact.  I was not helping, pulling or towing her during a very fast run together - the only motivation to her was to keep up with me, and that she did.  I wish she believed more than she does, that was all that my grandfather wanted her to do and sometimes she forgets that.  When she remembers, we as a pack are invincible.  Huskies Running with Lady Human and Man Human achieve all that we aspire to be….. Runners with a purpose and with a smile etched upon our faces….

I helped the Lady Human carry a very precious cargo during the Olympic Flame relay.  We helped carry a flame to inspire a generation.  I want to continue that aspiration as does the human that I have shared a lifetime with.  Sometimes it is hard, but never forget, this motto is ingrained forever in our hearts.  For as long as we walk upon this earth we will endeavour to aspire to it…..

That is I guess, until I “retire” again…. ;-)

Krofti xx



No comments:

Post a Comment